A WHOLE NEW LOOK

>> Monday, November 17, 2008

Salut,

Well, as you can see, there's a few changes that have happened to the site. I thought that since we've are living in a new place now, why not shake up the blog a bit and change it up. So I hope you like it and if you want please check out the music player on the right side bar, I'll try to keep it up to date with some lovely French music pour vous!

We had ourselves a great weekend! Natalie started a new job at a bar called O'Sullivan's back in our old stomping grounds in Montmartre. She showed up at 10am to work till 7 but was mistaken and in fact works a shift from 10pm to 7am. So while she slept during the day, I wandered through the shopping streets in Le Marais and Les Halles and found myself an amazing purple purse!

I also had a chance to attend a house warming with Morgan and Joe. Braden and Laura have just moved the location of their Hidden Kitchen to a gorgeous new place near the Louvre. For those of you itching to know what Hidden Kitchen is, Braden and Laura had the wonderful idea to host dinner parties in their home where they serve you a 10 course meal with matching wines. Although I have never been, after tasting some of the food, I would recommend that if you are ever in Paris you should make a stop. I'm sure it is a dining experience you won't soon forget! (plus, they have the cutest Boston terrier named Tatti!)

I thought that it might be a good idea to start a bit of a Did you know? segment to the blog so that you guys could learn a bit more about the place we call home...

DID YOU KNOW?
That Paris is divided into 20 arrondissements numbered from 1 to 20. The 1st and the oldest contains part of Ile de la Cite, the Louvre, and Tuileries. The other arrondissements spiral out clockwise from there. Each of these arrondissements is also divided into quartiers, giving Paris 80 distinct neighbourhoods.
(Can anyone tell us what quartier we are in here on rue Mathis?)

(http://www.hotel-in-paris.org/hotel-in-paris-french/04-district-paris-hotel.htm)

3 comments:

Mama P November 18, 2008 at 1:15 AM  

Hi girls
Love the look of your new blog. Nice to see Baxter is getting the recognition he deserves. I am not so sure about the music, though it does sounds exactly what I assumed music in Paris sounded like. They need a little bit of Nickelback influence if you ask me. Your dad thought the music sounded soothing. Go figure!!!! Anyway will talk to you soon.

Patz November 19, 2008 at 4:22 AM  

Hey ladies,

The new blog looks FANTASTIQUE! We are working at getting a new computer, so we'll have to skype it up when that finally happens. Keep up the great updates, and talk to you soon.

A & M

Auntie d. November 20, 2008 at 3:05 AM  

Hey girls,
The blog has taken on a state of total awesomeness! LOVE IT!!! I was wondering where did you find that recording I did of myself playing the organ and singing in 1976? I thought I destroyed every copy. I bet gram found it in my room and sold it on e-bay now she is ssooooo computer savey. I think that Baxter has lost weight and his skin looks a bit dry. Is he getting the TLC or is he just another pretty face being exploited on the net? Maybe he is allergic to Nutella? Take care and looking forward to seeing more fun stuff.

living in Paris

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP