>> Sunday, October 5, 2008

Well, a new day and a new mission completed... The French Connection has finally completed task #1 for chauve pere fermier!


Today, after dragging our bums out of bed, we decided to take advantage of the '"first Sunday of the month", when you can get into many of the museums sans admission. We decided to get our fix of modern art at the Centre de Pompidou. First off, the building itself is a bit of a modern art piece. Built with the insides on the outside it makes for a strange contrast with the old buildings that surround it. Inside it was no less remarkable. They have a lot of interesting modern pieces mixed in with classics by Picasso, Matisse, and Dali.

The view from below

Who needs Clifford the Big Red Dog when you've got a Rhino!
"The Matrix, is everywhere, it is all around us, even in this very room."

Before leaving the museum we captured a nice little view of the hilltop we call home:


After a few hours wandering about our brains were on overload and we decided to escape to the safety of the streets. Here, we discovered that the French are the masters of the word blending as you can see:
Anyone want some flunch, I'm hungry!

Nothing beats a good fantasimagory!

WHERE'S JACIE (hint- I may or may not be using my monocle)


2 comments:

Stephanie October 6, 2008 at 4:30 PM  

Hey Jacie,
I am so happy that you're blogging your journey. I have been enjoying reading your posts. I check every morning. I hope you don't mind I've also shared a few with some of my older students. Your a great role model of why it's important to maybe take some interest in learning French. You're an inspiration to some for them who now realize that traveling is a very real opportunity. They love Baxter, as do I. Hope you're well. Thank you for sharing your adventures. How long do you think your journey is going to be?
Stephanie

Jacie and Nat October 6, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

Bonjour Steph,

It's nice to hear from you. Natalie, Baxter and I are excited that you and your class are following our journey abroad. We are having an unbelievably great time here immersed in the French culture. We are getting the hang of things over here and my Grade 12 French is slowly coming back to me. There is no better place to learn French than in France that's for sure. Say bonjour to your students from all of us and let us know if you or your class have any questions about Paris and we would be very happy to try to answer them.

Au revoir

living in Paris

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP